A Home to Hang Our Skates
Our chant has been repeated thousands of times:
“WHO ARE WE? MRD!”
We are MRD. And so are YOU!
Since our founding in 2004, Madison Roller Derby has been rooted deeply in empowering female athletes in Madison. In the past 14 years, roller derby has grown exponentially, and we have, too.
- We moved from lighted track rope at Fast Forward, to games at the Alliant Energy Center Coliseum.
- We were the first league to bout internationally.
- We expanded to two travel teams and a recreational team.
- We passed one of our sport’s most inclusive non-discrimination policies, and soon after the governing body of roller derby and other leagues followed suit.
- We’ve helped a local men’s team as they establish a program.
- We hosted 2016 WFTDA Playoffs, and the WFTDA Annual Meeting right here in Madison.
- We have supported over 200 Madison organizations, community groups, and charities through donations and volunteer hours.
We are one of the founding members of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association – the international governing association of flat track roller derby (like basketball’s NBA), which now has over 400 member leagues across the globe. We have served as a pioneer in the sport and a mentor for other leagues and teams.
In short, we have built a legacy over the past 15 seasons, and we are ready to roll into the next era of derby in Madison. We want to bring more games to our community and fans. This means maintaining our strong athletic development program, continuing our charitable donations, increasing our community outreach, and boosting leadership experience for our members. It also means starting a Junior Derby program!
Unfortunately, restrictions with our current facilities are preventing us from growing any further. We need a dedicated Madison Roller Derby venue to continue growing, and we are here to ask for your help to make this happen.
Even if we pack the stands the entire season, even if we sell out of every last piece of merchandise, we will still fall short of our funding goal. Our all-volunteer, non-profit organization is hustling like mad, but we cannot do this alone. Our goal is to raise enough funds over the next 12 months to help us renovate or build a place to call home.
With your help, we can bring our fans a better game experience: more games year-round and more themes (a longer home season, 21+ games for date nights, kids’ nights, mixers, and MORE!), free parking, better beer, workshops, tournaments, food trucks… More FUN!.
With your support, we can also provide more outreach and financial support to our community: a Junior Derby program for kids, more charity donations every year, new community events, and a place to hold fundraisers.
With your help, Madison Roller Derby can be even more.
Help us find and secure a home to #hangourskates for the long run.
Please donate any amount you can, invite your friends and family to do the same, and share our news as far and wide as you can.
Other ways to help
- Keep coming to all of our games and bring your friends and family!
- Add a donation online when you purchase your tickets
- Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and follow our progress
- Head to Amazon Smile to link your account/purchases to Mad Rollin’ Dolls – you’ll be supporting us every time you shop!
Thank you for your support, and for being a part of the MRD family.